Cathay/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens
Ticketing Terms and Conditions 2023
This ticket is issued subject to the following terms and conditions:
1.1. “HKRU”: Hong Kong Rugby Union. A company incorporated in Hong Kong with its registered office at Olympic House, Room 2001, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
1.2. “Event”: the individual event or events organized by the Hong Kong Rugby Union
1.3. “Venue”: the venue at which the Event is taking place
1.4. “Tickets”: Tickets to the Event
1.5. “Client”: the individual purchasing tickets using this website
1.6. “Guest”: each person who receives the benefit of a Ticket as a result of an invitation from the Client
- Acceptance of Terms
By agreeing to purchase the Tickets and attending the Event, the Client will be deemed to have accepted and agreed all the terms.
- Spectators must comply with the Stadia Regulation (Cap.132 sub. leg. (BY)) of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and the “Terms and Conditions of Use of Hong Kong Stadium for Major Local and International Sporting Events”. For details, please visit https://www.elegislation.gov.hk/hk/cap132BY and http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/rule.html. Specific attention for all spectators must:
i. Observe and comply with the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Safeguarding National Security in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and other relevant laws of Hong Kong in relation to the safeguarding of national security (“National Security Law”); and ensure that no act or activity which is likely to constitute or is likely to cause the occurrence of an offence endangering national security under the National Security Law or other laws of Hong Kong, or which would otherwise be contrary to the interests of national security, is engaged in the Stadium.
ii. any form of unauthorized publicity, commercial or otherwise, political propaganda, racist or provocative messages appearing on flags, banners, clothing, sportswear, accessories or, more generally, on any article or equipment whatsoever worn or used by spectators, athletes or other participants in the Events is not permitted. However, this shall not apply to the identification of the manufacturer appearing on such clothing, article or equipment concerned, provided that such identification is not marked conspicuously for the purposes of advertising.
- The right of admission is reserved by the Hong Kong Rugby Union (HKRU) and the Management of Hong Kong Stadium (Stadium Management).
- Any person found with prohibited items may be denied of entry into the Stadium. Prohibited items include but not limited to plastic, glass, metal cans or bottles, anything containing intoxicating liquor, any balls, any items simulating the uniform or equipment of the disciplined services, any dangerous items, any discriminatory and political display items, any noise instruments, any remote controlled flying devices or toys, or any other item deemed inappropriate by HKRU and the Stadium Management. A full list of prohibited items can be found here: www.hksevens.com/prohibiteditems
- To ensure public safety, the Stadium’s security staff have the authority to inspect the personal belongings of spectators entering the Stadium.
- Any costume must conform to reasonable standards of decency and should not take up more space than one seat or obstruct the full view of other spectators. Accessories that look like usable weapons are not permitted.
- Throwing objects, foul language and behaving in a disorderly manner in the Stadium is prohibited.
- No flags, banners, buntings, posters, flyers, leaflets, and/or publicity, promotional, propaganda and display materials of any kind may be displayed in the Stadium without the permission of the HKRU or the Stadium Management.
- For the sake of public safety, no beer and alcoholic beverage shall be brought into the seating areas of the Upper Levels. Stadium’s security staff have the authority to inspect the personal belongings of spectators entering the seating areas.
- No unauthorized persons shall enter the turf pitch level unless so directed by an Event or Stadium staff. Persons entering the turf pitch level without authorization will be prosecuted.
- The HKRU and Stadium Management reserve the right to remove any person from the Stadium who fails to comply with an instruction from an Event or Stadium staff.
- Ticket holder shall be responsible for the safekeeping of their digital ticket.
- Re-entry into the Stadium is allowed only with a valid digital ticket.
- Ticket holder agrees not to bring any claim or proceeding against the HKRU for any damage, loss, injury or liability suffered while attending the Tournament, except for liability that by law cannot be excluded. The HKRU excludes all liability to the holder in tort (including negligence), contract or ailment for acts or omissions of the HKRU, its employees and contractors arising out of or in relation to the Cathay/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens 2023.
- Photographs taken and video shooting within the venue may be used only for private non-commercial purposes. Publication/distribution of such photographs or videos in any media is forbidden. Making/distribution of broadcasts, commentary, news reports or statistics (by any means in any format or media including any such commentary made by mobile phone or other wireless device) is forbidden.
- Ticket holder (i) consents to the broadcasting or other distribution of images of him/herself whilst at the venue and (ii) waives on an irrevocable worldwide, perpetual basis all rights to object to such broadcasting/distribution in any media.
- Without the permission of the HKRU or the Stadium Management, ticket holders are not allowed to occupy seats with personal belongings, which will be removed by Event or Stadium staff without prior notice.
- Ticket holder agrees not to engage in any ambush marketing that would infringe the rights of those parties commercially associated with the match and/or the Cathay/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens 2023.
- A child aged 2 and under on the 31st March 2023 may enter the Stadium free of charge when accompanied by an adult with an adult ticket.
- A child aged 12 and under on the 31st March 2023 is allowed to enter the Stadium with a child ticket.
- If no play takes place for the duration of the day, the ticket holder is entitled to a full refund of the face value of the ticket for that day. Whether play takes place will be decided by the tournament director and their decision shall be final.
In cases where the Event is cancelled or no play takes place for the duration of the event session, the Client will receive a refund. The amount refunded will be the full ticket price less a refund handling fee and the booking fee paid at the point of purchase will be non-refundable. Whether play takes place will be decided by HKRU and their decision shall be final.
4. Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits the liability of HKRU, and/or their respective employees, agents or sub-contractors (or any other person) for death or personal injury caused by their own negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
The Client will indemnify, and keep indemnified the HKRU, the owners or operators of the Venue and their respective employees, agents and sub-contractor against all direct and indirect actions, proceedings, liabilities, damages, losses, claims and costs, expenses, demands and proceedings whatsoever arising whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with a breach of its obligations in Condition 4, or any other personal injury or damage to property caused by any act or omission of the Client or its Guests.
6. Personal Data
The Client acknowledges and agrees that the personal data provided by the Client on the site are collected by HKRU and will be entered into a database owned by HKRU. The Client hereby consents to such personal data being used for the purposes of the organisation and running of the Event (in particular in connection with the sale of the Event and any relevant safety and security measures in respect of the Event), and warrants that it has obtained the consent of its Guests in relation to the same. HKRU shall be permitted to transfer such personal data to third parties, including, if appropriate, their respective agents, for the purposes set out above. Furthermore, such personal data can be used to provide the Client with information on products, services, commercial activities, and events of HKRU.
7. In the event that there is inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.